1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Areopathetica: BYH passes 50,000, zooming toward 100,000

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Re: Areopathetica: BYH closes in on 50,000

I wasn't getting near the adult beverage category. No one alive - including Buffett, Gates or anyone else from abroad - can afford the tab for that in this place.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

For some reason, that statement makes me feel really old.

Wasn't BYH's handle in its full form at one time?

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't have the energy to find out when he truncated himself to 3 letters, but I have to believe there's a generational gap between those who remember when he was a full 15 digits and those who only know the abbreviated BYH.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I remember the truncation. He even talked to me about it. It was when Lucas changed the settings on the site and you couldn't change user names anymore. So you had to pick one and stick with it. Everyone was debating what to do, and I think BYH burned off a handful of brain cells deciding to truncate.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I remember that too. It was when 21 changed it from Twenty One.

6. Bubbler

Mine used to be a lower case bubbler. Then my raging ego got to me and I capitalized it.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

GASP! FALSE!!

8. Bubbler

There was some Fresca meme with BYH that I missed out on/never understood. So we could have that.

9. imjustagirl

Oh, god, The Night The Fresca Took Over.

Blame/credit for that goes to the late Tomas. Just seeing like 20 of us change all at once, and then everyone else say "I have no idea what's going on, but I'll do it too" made me laugh for a long time.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I always had tremendous admiration for imjustagirl (ha, i don't think i've ever typed the whole word before!) for not simply going with ijag. If you think about how many times you've typed all those letters, every time you sign in here....that's like BILLIONS of extra keystrokes!

I think Boom once removed the _ in his name, it was too weird and I made him put it back. It was like being with a man who suddenly shaved his mustache, you keep peeking over to make sure it's the same guy, very strange.

11. Bubbler

That goes double for those who remember when you could put pictures in your sig. I miss that.

12. imjustagirl

So now isn't the time to tell you that when my account got all corrupted (leading to imjustagirl2's appearance with 0 posts and my new name keeping the post total) my new account involves imjustagirl as the display name but ijag as the log-in, huh?

Draft saved Draft deleted