1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arenas suspended indefinitely.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Arenas will have no problem finding work. He's only 28.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Good stuff from the Wash Post laying out what happened. Sounds like both Gilbert and Critterton were both idiots, but a lot more like Critterton was the supreme idiot. He actually loaded his gun and cocked one in the chamber.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/06/AR2010010605167.html

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I used to enjoy Arenas. He wrote (or supposedly wrote) a pretty funny blog for a few years, basically relaying his various pranks on teammates and absurd philosophies on life. It was just amusing, if you took it at face value. He sort of reminded me of Ochocinco, expect for the fact that Ochocinco actually played every week. But this? I never got the impression that Arenas was stupid until now. I think his ego just prohibits him from seriously admitting wrong, or believing he actually committed an egregious act that wasn't "funny." He deserves exactly what he got. But Critterton? Holy shit. He should be banned from the league. And face a lot more serious punishment than that.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Looks to me like Crittenton was the "smart" one by shit-canning his gun. The story said it basically makes him immune to prosecution until they find it.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How long was Stephen Jackson (or whoever it was that fired off his pistol in the strip club parking lot) suspended? Something like seven games, right?

And has Delonte West been suspended yet?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Happy Birthday, Gilbert. AMF.
    I believe he turned 28 yesterday

7. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Props to Mike Wise. Great reporting in that story

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Malone changed his tune slightly yesterday morning on CNN when he was interviewed. He came out and said that Arenas should be banned from the NBA for the gun incident and spouted some of the lines from this story word-for-word (namely the ones about hiring a body guard instead of buying a gun for protection)

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It won't make him immune to David Stern. However long Arenas is out, you can probably double it for Crittenton, and since he's an 11th/12th man anyway, he may be finished in the league.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The Nets. The last "problem child" they picked up was Jason Kidd after he smacked his wife around. He reformed his image, took the team to the title and then returned to the form of being the petulant jerk that he always was.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That wouldn't surprise me a bit. Whoever takes him will be a crappy team that just want to put butts in seats, and the Nets fit that perfectly.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just throwing this out there...

Could Gilbert be scared that Crittenton would actually kill him (or have someone do it) or the other way around?

Draft saved Draft deleted