1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arenas suspended indefinitely.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jan 6, 2010.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

David Stern released a statement today saying that although there's still a lot of investigating to do in the gun case, he won't wait to rule.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm shocked this didn't happen sooner. No matter the criminal charges, bringing a gun onto an NBA facility violates league rules.

3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Yea, it would seem that they suspended him for being such a jackass about it.

4. "A substantial suspension, and perhaps more."

Wow.

5. I'm sorry.

If it's true that he bought a gun and waved it at someone, he's gotta go for good. He's got to be banned from the league. It's rep is at stake, and Stern has to make an example of Arenas to ensure that it absolutely never happens again.

And I happen to love Arenas. I thought his persona was good for the league.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

No punishment for Crittenton?

7. According to the piece by the Washington Times guy that sounded authoritative, he didn't wave a gun at him. It was a poor attempt at breaking the tension. He put four guns on a table by the other guy's locker and wrote "Pick one."

Whitlock said it best this week. Arenas is way more Dennis Rodman than 50 Cent. Unfortunately, now because of a dumbass joke, he's going to become the poster boy in white America for the perceived thug, gangsta NBA.

8. They'll void his contract and nobody will pick him up. He'll be easy to ban

9. Somebody will pick him up.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

He pulled a gun as well, no?

11. No one "pulled a gun."

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Where is the NRA?

Draft saved Draft deleted