1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you ......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So y'all are insinuating Drip is attempting a back door method of starting a topic?

2. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Come to it, I left the newspaper industry almost exactly four years ago (I actually remember discussing the Biden/Palin VP debate with a couple people from the training class of my first non-j job).

I had no idea if I'd made a horrible mistake or not, or where I'd end up.

As things have shaken out, I am absolutely better off both personally and professionally.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

... Johnny Ray?

Who wants to know?

4. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Never better.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

No. And I think it's only going to get worse.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Four years ago I had a job so no.

7. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that Drip missed it the first time as well. Maybe it's just that I'm new here, but I took the question asked by this thread at face value, too - especially since the post made clear that question was not limited to a financial response.

Hey, I'm notsaying I'm doing well right now. Just better than four years ago.

However, not quite four years ago I decided to start addressing some things in my personal life. I had made a great deal of progress on my own, but Craig helped me (I think without knowing he was) tremendously. This is a gift that is not lost with his death. So yes, I am much better off today than I was four years ago.

I have been very fortunate professionally so while I may not be better financially today, I am not worse so I cannot complain on that front.

edited to add: I added this post because I could imagine that you found my intial response puzzling. I've also made a couple of lighthearted posts about Craig/his death which you might have found inappropriate coming from me or so soon. Maybe, but I can't live without laughing.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, just cheerful

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Not sure. I'll need to think about this.

Ask me in November.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

No. Not at all.

I am, however, better now than I have been in the past two years.

And I love what I am doing although I am paid at the poverty level and it is only a 12-month gig.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I have left the news business, paid off my credit card debt, got married, bought a house, expecting our first child and am in a much better place than I ever could have imagined.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yes even though my life is about the same. Still living in paradise, making a decent check, and have great friends. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted