1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you ......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes in most areas
    No in some
    And if it turns political, someone is in da shit.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes and no.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

4. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Drip, what's your answer?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Professionally, I'd say I'm slightly better off right now, but that could change at any time, of course.

Personally, I'm about the same.

6. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

Overall I would say yes, absolutely. I have a job I love at a paper that gives me a lot of freedom we've got a good staff in sports. I just rediscovered my love for playing golf, and I'm slowly getting back into better shape. There are a few things personally, but who doesn't have that?

Not to mention the Texas Rangers are at the top of the AL West!

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'm getting married in less than three weeks. Four years ago, my fiance and I had been dating for eight months. Both of us previously were coming off sour, sour relationships. So I would say it's a resounding yes.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Check back with us on that in a few months, eh??

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm all over the place. Yes and no. Some points better (location, getting healthy). Some points the same (still single, still working). Some points worse (making less, working a higher stress job, living far away from family, friends, etc.)

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I am better off, but that has more to do with my decision not to go back to journalism than anything else.

I can't complain.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I left the newspaper industry five years ago.
    The trend has been steady improvement since.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Four years ago I was on an island off the French coast, singing in an opera and looking forward to starting a long musical contract when I got back to Toronto.

Today, I'm sitting in my office at my 'day job' but singing better, emotionally stronger and 90 lbs lighter.

Let's call it a wash. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted