1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you ......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Are you better off now than you were four years ago? And folks, it doesn't have to be financial.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

3. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Even with my recent loss, a resounding yes.
  4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have a hi-def TV. So yes, better.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are you attempting to start a political thread in covert fashion? If so, go look at Moddy's sticky note and can it.
  8. I have a job.
    My weight's going down.
    I got a college degree, had some fun and made great friends.

Four years ago, I was at a junior college in my hometown.

So yes, I would say I'm much better than then.
  9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

No, it's not a political thread in covert fashion. Just a simple question.
  11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Yes and no.

Four years ago the newspaper industry was in the crapper, my paper was offering buyouts for the second time in two years (2006 then 2008) and the offer was 1 year's salary and 1 year of health insurance. I took it viewing it as an opportunity to be with my newborn son (born in November 2008) and to reinvent myself and move out of the industry.
    I was let go from a paralegal position in March 2011 and entry-level work in the legal industry is hard to find. Full-time work as a copy editor/proofreader is hard to get unless you have experience in pharma/medical or another specialized field. Right now I'm working two part-time jobs while trying to find full-time work. Had I not taken the buyout I'd still have full-time employment. So job-wise am I better off than I was four years ago? No.

But in all other aspects of life am I better off than I was four years ago? Yes.
  12. Hey Diaz!

Hey Diaz! Member

Draft saved Draft deleted