1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Nine of 10. Might've gotten fewer, though, if I hadn't read the thread first. (Would've had to guess on the equinox and fastest-bird questions). Whiffed on the house of reps question against my better judgment. I knew I had the wrong answer and went with it anyway. :mad:

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You have to pass fifth grade, first...

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I think this was the guy who didn't know the answer to 2 X 5

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

For anyone who cares, it's been 12 minutes. The show is 40 percent over and we've heard one answer.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I believe there were only six (maybe seven) questions asked and answered during the show. I'm never watching again.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The contestant tonight (Larry, I think?) had no business taking that $100k and deciding to stop playing. That was an utter embarassment of adults everywhere. If you don't know 75% of the material that is on that show, you are a fucking jackass. I should know: I was one of those kids that was on the show twenty years ago.

I was the fat chubby smart kid who could outsmart a college kid with a 3.5 GPA back in the day. My three year niece can kick my sorry ass now. :( I'm insulted by these fools Fox finds to put on these shows.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

If you're still watching this show next week, you most certainly aren't smarter than a fifth grader.

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Saw the first contestant on the March 1 show.....He kept trying to add the word "The" to the phrase "Pledge Of Allegence" when Foxworthy asked the question, "how many Es in the Pledge Of Alligence."

Foxworthy had to literally get in his face and try to get him to comprehend that "the" was not part of the phrase in question, before this lummox caught on. He claimed to have a college degree and be in middle management. I don't think he proved himself well.

As for the show itself, did not watch from start to finish, got more interested in the Bob Woodard interview on Larry King.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Where is the test for this? If this show is still on in six months -- after my Jeopardy moratorium ends -- I'm there.

Saw this the other night. As my wife and I are screaming "CANADA" at the television, I didn't think it was possible to devalue a Southwestern CC degree any further.

I thought wrong.

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

This was the same man that wanted to buy a camouflage Lambo with his winnings,

Draft saved Draft deleted