1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 5, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

My God are people stupid. Normally, I don't watch this but I fell asleep and when I woke up it was on.

One woman had to drop out on a question that would have bumped her from $50,000 to $100,000. Fifth grade math. If y = 3x and 3x = 12, what is y? She didn't know even though the answer was right in front of her!

Next woman goes out on one that would have taken her from $300,000 to $500,000. First grade world geography. (First grade!) Of the seven continents, which one is also a country? She names them all off correctly, thereby saying the answer, then drops out because she said North America is a country and ALL SEVEN were countries.

MORONS!

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

by the way, most of those questions are not 5th grade questions. :D

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

That show makes the morons on Wheel of Fortune look like they belong on Jeopardy.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

What is the national anthem of North America, anyway? Anybody know?

5. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Oh, Canada

6. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Great episode. Thanks for pointing it out. That guy was incredible, and his wife, being so supportive, couldn't have been any better. And cute, too. Too bad he knew the answer to the million-dollar question.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cleveland Rocks.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah! Chuck just was asked a few of them during sixth-grade summer school last week.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That poker guy was really fucking smart... That nitrogen question was supposed to be third-grade physical science... Bullshit... That's high school level science at a minimum...

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

ha

ha

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Try thinking straight when a million smackers are staring you in the face.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That guy was smart. You just can't risk that kind of money. If I was staring at $500K or another question in first-grade spelling, I'd take the money and walk too...

Draft saved Draft deleted