1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you ready for Feb. 17, 2009?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

drip, you're a little, ya know, behind the times, aren't ya?

2. KG

KG Active Member

It just occurred to me that I need a box. I have a battery-powered 4-inch TV that I keep in the garage for times when storms knock everything out. It has kept me aware through at least five nearby tornadoes. The converter box would be bigger than the TV though.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Feb. 17? It's this guy's birthday (23 x 2 even)...

[​IMG]

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

5. Football_Bat

Like with satellite reception, digital is all or nothing. If a thunderstorm passes over, your digital satellite signal breaks up, freezes, etc. Over-the-air digital is the same.

It's actually harder to pick up a distant digital signal because it comes over in the UHF band, which has a shorter range than standard VHF. Conventional rabbit ears will get the job done in most cases, but make sure you also have a UHF antenna.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

no

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You just reminded me my tailgate TV is now worthless.

8. Football_Bat

Hey, you got the rest of this football season! Use the hell out of it.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Wal-Mart is still selling those for $19.95

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

They're running the commercials that say we're all safe - but only on stations like TNT, ESPN, Comedy, etc., and never on Fox or CBS.

Perhaps they're not allowed to, I don't know. But they're always promoting the "Advertise with us and reach your target market!" commercials on the broadcast networks, so I don't see how a simple switcharoo of the ads isn't possible.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That was fantastic, thanks.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I still use rabbit ears. I've been watching digital pictures for the last few months. Quality stuff, but it's going to piss people off when they realize the station a town over that they used to get — the one that was kinda snowy but still watchable — doesn't come in because, as was said before, with digital, it's all or nothing.

For me, it's the Fox affiliate. Worst one to lose. I don't need CBS unless it's March. I watch Fox all the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted