1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you of Davidic descent?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Well, most of the tribes have been lost for nearly 3000 years, so westerners or eastern Europeans can narrow it down to Judah, Benjamin or Levi. There was some research floating around about the discovery of a kohen gene, which would identify descendants of Aaron. Through the years, groups from Africa & Asia have credibly claimed to be lost tribes and have in many instances emigrated to Israel en masse, making modern Israel far more diverse and racially complex than in years past.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Man, I love coming to their games early to watch the world famous pepper game!

Excellent pull, BTW.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don't see Stoudemire anywhere on that list.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Or just go to a Reformed temple. I believe it was settled 20-30 years ago that either parent can be Jewish for the child to be considered Jewish.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. Hell, I've had Orthodox Jews tell me I'm not really Jewish even though both of my parents were and I had a Bar Mitzvah. Of course, I told them that they were quite welcome to sit on a lit Yahrzeit candle.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Chuckling (and googling "Yahrzeit") ...

EDIT: Ok, that might smart just a tad.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted