1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you kidding me?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PalmettoStatesport, Mar 10, 2008.

1. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Tell your bosses that hell called, their souls just arrived.

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

this is a heckuva problem.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Bring your sick kid to work next time. Leave the little guy right outside your boss' door.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No, that implies that they possessed souls in the first place.

Doc and Ace's responses were best.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like they care.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I dunno, I kinda like Mike's for the revenge factor.

Though I also like Doc's.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I like Mike's idea too. When your son is screaming too loud because he's not feeling well, you can tell your bosses, "well, you wanted me to work, didn't you?"

Seriously, what kind of assclowns would bitch about you taking a few hours off to take a sick baby to the doctor? I'd take off for the day in a heartbeat. If they don't care about your son's health, why should you care about their business.

Remember, no one ever said on their deathbed, "I wish I'd spent more time at the office."

8. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

I wouldn't worry about it. If someone gets nasty tell them to fuck off.

I would say, family comes first, I allowed in my employee manual and federal law to care for my sick children. Your the manager. It's your problem about staffing, not mine.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Is Bill Lumbergh the boss in question?

Any ways ... this is complete bullshit. If they can't accept a dad needing to take a sick baby to the doctor, then you need to find a different job. Then, have your kid sneeze/cough/shit/piss/vomit on those motherfucking cocksucking asshole's desks.

10. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Assuming you're looking for constructive advice and not just blowing off steam, what he said.
    You need to find out if theirs was a considered response -- if they really, truly don't think you should be able to take your kid to the doctor -- or if this was just some sort of miscommunication/stress of the moment thing.
    And absolutely, if you talk this over with them calmly and rationally and their view really is that junior should suffer because they have a coaches' luncheon that might need covering ... you need to get the hell out of there.

Also, I am willing to risk public scorn by asking that somebody explain the baseball card thing to me. I don't get it. Sorry, I'm old and stuff.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Finally, a mature, reasoned response.

Which is appropriate, since none of us have any idea about the true context of the issue. Poster said he got "beat down" by his bosses? Really? Or perhaps a slight exaggeration? I learned a long time ago . . . take only one side of an issue with a huge grain of salt.

Now, you can resume preparing that large pot of boiling oil for the poster's bosses.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Per urbandictionary:

upper deck
    v. The leaving of fecal matter in the tank of ones toilet, turning the water brown. Primarily done as revenge or a drunken practical joke, but sometimes in an emergency when the bowl is clogged.

n. The shit that is left in tank during such an act.

EXAMPLE: I got so wasted last night I upper decked Sean. his bathroom is going to stink for weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted