1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by blondebomber, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

And viewers' nightmare.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Jay Bilas does both, too.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Bill Walton double-dipped for a while, but I haven't heard him do a college game since his sons graduated. Wonder if that's a coincidence?

4. He never should have been allowed to call an Arizona game. If that doesn't scream conflict of interest, I don't know what does.

5. skippy05

skippy05 Member

They only use that because the FCC won't allow broadcasters to say, "Holy shit!!"

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I can't remember if he actually called a Zona game, but I know he used to do tournament games for CBS. I just can't remember him doing a game in the last couple years.

My memory is HOOOOOOOOOORIBLE

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Goddamn fascists.

And Freelance, Walton did do Arizona games. It was quite horrible.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Mike Patrick wants to know what else he's supposed to say when someone completes a 15 yard pass.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've been switching back between the women and the men. The folks doing the women's games are way, way, way better. It's sad really.

10. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

He also quasi-double-dips, since he does some NBA on ABC/ESPN - and does his kid's games there, too.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I dunno...I'm from the Gary Thorne school of broadcast journalism. I could listen to an entire NHL game and look up only when his voice got higher. You knew he wasn't overplaying it.

12. Did anyone else hear Brent Musberger doing the Busch race Saturday?
    I like the guy on college football, but they need someone else to do ABC's auto racing.

Rusty Wallace sucks too!

Draft saved Draft deleted