1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you happy with your cell phone provider?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Oct 7, 2010.

?

Whose service do you use?

1. AT&T

17 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. Verizon

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Sprint

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. T-Mobile

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. U.S. Cellular

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. Cricket

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Other

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The premise of this thread is pretty simple. Just want to know if you're happy with your cell phone provider and which one you use. Feel free to vote in the above poll as well.

I'm looking to switch from AT&T (mainly cost) and wondering what other providers are good out there based on service, customer service, etc.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Been with Verizon for more than a few years. Very happy with them. Free phones every two years. Damn good discount that applies to my bill each month for threatening to leave about 6 years ago.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We have Verizon. It's reasonable as far as any grasping, ruthless company which has you by the balls can be. We have Verizon for Internet, cable TV, everything, so we get good rates due to the enormous total bill.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

I have had AT&T for about 8 years and have no complaints....none, ever.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Spent my entire adult life as an AT&T customer and finally got fed up. Just left.
    Now I feel like I got screwed by Verizon on a few minor things, but mostly because we didn't know that by waiting a month or so we could have saved a lot of money because of a new promotion.

Also, found out that my employer just got a new deal with AT&T that would have qualified me for an addition savings.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've not had the problems others have with AT&T. I'm satisfied, though I might consider switching to Verizon when they get an iPhone.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hated AT&T. I have Verizon and have very few complaints, though it's not cheap.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I switched when Verizon got the bb I wanted.
    Had we waited, we could've gotten the GF a Droid and gotten the bb free. I haven't gone through the details, but my guess is we would have saved about $200.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I have no problems with my AT&T service, but the cost is really outrageous.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've had Verizon since June, had Sprint for years before that. Sprint's call quality was far superior in my opinion. Too many times on this phone I've had to ask people to repeat what they said and crank the volume to be able to just barely hear them. But my Sprint phone was a junker, and now I've got a smartphone (Palm Pre Plus) which is nice. So for being anything but a phone, my phone is good. Otherwise, Sprint was better.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

A lot of it depends on where you're at and what kind of reception you get. I could barely get any service in our last house because of where we were and what surrounded us, and we were thisclose to switching to AT&T. Now, at our new place, we get great service.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've been with US Cellular for seven years. No complaints whatsoever.

I would love to get a smartphone, but I'm paying $40 a month ($50 after all the taxes and I really don't want to pay the $70 that it seems to cost a month to get one.

I'm really curious if anyone has a smartphone where they're paying under $50-$60.

Draft saved Draft deleted