1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you fidgety?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Feb 19, 2008.

1. KG

KG Active Member

Even as I read this thread I found myself chewing on the wet washcloth I have for my forehead. I can't even stop fidgeting when I'm sick.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Wait. Biting nails makes one fidgity? Damnit!

3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't click pens, tap my foot or rearrange stuff on my desk, but I can't sit still for very long. I spin my chair around at work, or if I'm on the couch watching TV I get up and check e-mail during commercials.

I'm also stressed out almost all the time. I think the two tendencies are related.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I've gotten into the bad habit of being a computer fidgeter. I've got at least two Internet windows open, my messenger, iTunes and sometimes a word doc.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm very similar to Headbutt. (Step away from the ledge, sir.) I chew my nails, play with my hair; it's the Italian grease, I'd tell my ex-girlfriend. I used to bite my pen tops before I bought clicky-top pens. Sometimes the only exercise I get is when I bounce my feet while working or walk around the house while on the phone. I love to pace, too.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Man, I hate whoever started this thread. Until I thought about it, I had no idea how fidgety I was. I mean, it's not like I have tourettes or anything. I just have to conscientously tell myself I'm just going to sit back and do nothing but lay on my couch or lazyboy or whatever.

And Mikey, without busting your balls too much, there are a few ways I KNOW we aren't alike. Not that I think you're a bad dude or anything.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So Headbutt's not Italian. I get it.

Shit. I don't know how I forgot this. I am a constant drummer. I've never really played the drums, though it doesn't stop me from belting out the occasional solo on my steering wheel, computer, desk, legs, chair, head, counter, stomach, phone. You name it, and I'll wrap out a decent beat on it.

8. I think I drive my coworkers crazy because I tap on the desk all the time and if I am up and not tapping the desk I probably have a pen in my hand and I am taking the cap on and off, on and off, on and off.

I am a fidgeter, but only when sitting at a desk or reading. If I am watching a movie or laying on the couch, I am pretty still, as long as I am interested in what I am watching.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

That describes me pretty well, too.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Not sure if I'm a fidgeter, but I hate sitting still for more than 5 minutes at a time. And I'm a world-class pacer. I LOVE buildings with long hallways.

Draft saved Draft deleted