1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you ashamed of the biased presidential coverage?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Paper Dragon, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Well, I guess we'll see tomorrow, since news broke today that two neo-Nazis were arrested for not trying to kill an Obama doll but allegedly plotting to kill Obama himself.

So ... if there are no riots tomorrow, will you consider the possibility that you've gone plum loco?

2. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

I agree with the "so what if he is?" part of that. Except that it would make him a liar. Well, more of one. I mean, he's a politician, right?

3. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Straight face, and no "if's" this time: A Muslim president puts us one giant step closer to becoming a jihadist-like nation intent on wiping Christianity and Judaism from the map while the starstruck folks who put Obama in office are left scratching their heads wondering what in the world were they thinking. That's a hypothetical only in the sense it hasn't happened yet.

All your rants and screams about "religious prejudice," "right-wing nutjobs", etc. won't stop this from happening if he's elected.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You believe Bill Gates will send you $1 for every person you forward an e-mail to, don't you?

5. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Inky--Oh, exactly. You connected the dots.

6. goneup

goneup Member

Not worth more than this response.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I've been ashamed of the Washington press corps for a couple of decades now.
    The work they did on Clinton.
    Their rage that they took out on Al Gore during the 2000 campaign.
    The cheerleading of Bush and the war in Iraq.
    The last few years of Bush and a focus on the cosmetic and not the serious issues as it relates to campaigns.
    How they didn't cover John Edwards and his whore when a supermarket tabloid had it first and right.
    I'll note here that The Washington Post has done brave investigative work and the McClatchy group was well ahead of the curve. Those are the shining stars in a dismal sky.
    That being said, the campaign coverage this time around hasn't been one for the textbooks.
    Mistakes were made.
    We'll see how it plays out, but I would say that for the most part, the campaign coverage, on both sides of the aisle, has been a disgrace.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No kidding.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well said.

10. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Maybe it's just our memories that are bias. There's been a lot less time to get to know Plain than Obama. His ties to religion, his father, Ayers and Wright have all been dissected and discussed. But to my immense pleasure, it seems a large part of the population doesn't care abut those things as much as they care about the economy, corruption and honesty.

11. Um...

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=39c3f3ee-24f8-4126-9ea8-f8b18ef1c2d1

But they probably didn't report that one on FOX News.

12. I've heard that exact rant from the nutjobs interviewed at McCain/Palin rallies who think Obama winning the election = apocalypse.

Seriously, you realize this is a respected U.S. Senator we're talking about here, not Osama bin Laden?

Draft saved Draft deleted