1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you ashamed of the biased presidential coverage?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Paper Dragon, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Most people outside of Alaska heard of Sarah Palin eight weeks ago. I think if we look back two years ago when Obama was a new name on the political scene, there were a lot more stories about him then say Biden, or McCain, who have been Senators for decades. I think there's a lot of news about Palin, because no one knows much about her, but I'm unconvinced that its media bias. Before she was named VP, the McCain camp was complaining about how much more attention Obama was getting than McCain. If the complaint is that the attention surrounding McCain/Palin is more negative, that may also be the result of something more than media bias.

2. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

There's no need to "get" Ayers. It's a well-known fact that he's responsible for those bombings years ago and has absolutely no remorse for them---in fact he said several years ago he wish he had done more.

So for you left-wingers who defend Ayers and says the media can't get anything on him, that's not the issue. Ayers' terrorist acts and his documenetd associations with Obama speak for themselves. can't whitewash it---it's there.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, people didn't dig into Obama's past at all when he was a candidate in the Primaries.

I have a Jeremiah Wright on line one and Tony Rezko on line two.

Seriously, the only difference is that Obama's skeletons came out over six months before the election, and when they looked, there wasn't much there. Palin's came two months prior, and there's been a lot to look into.

If the AP dug for dirt on Obama, and found a little, but not much, does it mean they slanted coverage in favor of Obama, or that there wasn't much there?

4. clutchcargo

OK, so Palin's newness to the scene makes her a target for bigtime scrutiny. No argument there. But she has been hammered and picked apart more in two months than Obama has in two years, and he's the freakin' presidential candidate, not her, for cryin' out loud. It's stunning to me how much the mainstream media has gone out of its way to give Obama pass after pass while trying to destroy Palin.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

If this presidency goes bad, all six of them will be cramming papers into their mouths and eating their words. :)

6. clutchcargo

Sarah Palin gets hung in effigy in California has some sort of prank, and West Coast liberals have a field day with it, laughing their butts off. But can you imagine what would happen if someone did something as simple as exercise fair play and put a figure of Obama in the same noose? You would have every remnant of the Black Panthers, Jesse Jackson's crew, the ACLU and Muslim groups worldwide screaming for blood!!!!

7. goneup

goneup Member

For the record, I don't have a dog in this race. I took my name off the voter roll because I want to be as objective as possible.
    I'm horribly ashamed, to the point that it's played a part in my considerations of a career change. There's also the matter of an unsure future for newspapers, but I think the two are related.
    And denials of a left bias in the media are just comical.

8. clutchcargo

Buckweaver---"gone out of its way" in the sense that their refusal to dig deep on matters such as Obama's questionable character as it relates to his hidden embrace of Islam, his obvious ties to Ayers, his 20 years of alliane with Jeremiah Wright, etc. is in itself a blatantly proactive media strategy of pretending it's not there and ignoring the story except for a few token mentions. NYT, LA Times, CBS, CNN, MCNBA---just a bunch of pussies who know exactly what they are doing by ignoring Obama's real story, hiding behind such silly claims as "there's nothing there." Unbelievable.

9. clutchcargo

C'mon, Buck, you know darn well what would happen if someone hung a Obama figure on a noose in public. Riots in the streets. Guaranteed.

10. goneup

goneup Member

Buck, forget the ifs. What do you think would happen?

11. clutchcargo

Calm down, Buck. Obama is Muslim and his Freudian slip even admitted such to George Step. Go to theobamafile.com and read his detailed family history and his lifellong connections to Middle East folks, and try to tell me with a straight face that Obama is not a Muslim. You can bet if the returns start coming in in Obama's favor Nov. 4 that jihyadists worldwide will be cutting down the nets, knowing that the worst they would face from an Obama Administration is a sitdown talk from their beloed Obama.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Why are you race-baiting with hypothetical situations?

Draft saved Draft deleted