1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you an interesting person?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Everyone needs a hobby.
    And I don't talk to most people about that particular pastime.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Awesome.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That was an interesting response.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm damned fascinating. I am spellbinding, alluring, appealing, attractive, bewitching, captivating, charming, compelling, delightful, enchanting, engaging, engrossing, enticing, glamorous, gripping, intriguing, irresistible, ravishing, riveting and seductive.

The rest of you, however, are boring.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks, Roget.

6. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

I find myself so interesting that I often post dozens of Facebook updates a day, letting my hundreds of friends, many of whom have never met me, keep up with the minutiae of my life, especially the quizzes I just took and accomplishments I just reached in Mafia Wars, Farmville, etc.

I also like to give inane updates on my life's experiences to a bunch of strangers on an Internet forum. And since no one ever says anything, they must find me interesting.

Dos Equis guy is a nobody next to me.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

We must be friends on FB!

I am 'friends' with a football player who plays more Farmville than anyone who hasn't taken leave of his senses should. More than once I have been tempted to tell him to forget Farmville and Fish Tank and get his arse into the weight room after a 4-12 season, but erased it from the entry field.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My stars! Where did you ever get that awful hairdo? It doesn't become you at all.
    Here, for goodness' sake, let me fix it up. Look how stringy and messy it is. What a shame. Such an interesting monster, too. My stars, if an interesting monster can't have an interesting hairdo, then I don't know what things are coming to. In my business you meet so many interesting people - Bobby pins, please - but the most interesting ones are the monsters. Oh, dear, that will never stay. We'll just have to have a permanent.
    Now, I've got to give an interesting old lady a manicure, but I'll be back before you're done.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I qualify as a person, much LESS interesting.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm bat-shit crazy at work, which is why I get a lot of shit talked about me. Honestly for the first time in my life, I could care less.

Really though, I'm not an interesting person. I hate to leave the house. My naps last three hours. I love high school sports. Hell, I love being a geek.

11. advice early on this thread was to go somewhere other than Ohio
    I second that.
    travel - anywhere, anyhow
    they become adventures, which people find interesting
    that, and read something other than the sports pages

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Interesting is one word I've heard about myself. Also: Quirky, odd, weirdo, strange and etc., etc., etc.

People see things differently. Hopping in a car and driving across the country, solo. For some that's interesting, for others that's a weird thing to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted