1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you an interesting person?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Apr 19, 2010.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Other people seem to think I'm more interesting than I think I am.

2. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

This happens to me all the time when I meet people and they find out I'm a baseball writer. So they ask all these questions. So I'll try to be polite and ask them what they do. Invariably it's something like "mortgage broker" or "consultant" or "facilities manager for a company that repairs fiber-optic cable" and I can't think of a single thing that is interesting about that.

So I try to change the subject.

3. I always ask. People are usually surprised that someone has an interest, and they usually enjoy talking about it, whatever their job may be. Plus, I just find people interesting, I guess. Journalistic instinct. My friend is training to be a union plumber, and I could sit and talk to him all day about what he's learning and what the process is.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Which is why you take a drive or do do some volunteering. You tell people things you have done.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know why people don't find me interesting. I like to golf and I am eager to dissect my every shot after the round with anyone who will listen.

Also, I will do play-by-play of my kids' Little League games and piano recitals.

That's gotta be big-time interesting points, right?

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm not interesting but I do have some unique physical characteristics that often serve as conversation starters.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have a pretty interesting job ... sometimes ... but I'm not particularly interesting.

I've done some exotic traveling because of said career choice and ride my motorcycle as much as I can, but I'm certainly not very interesting.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

So be more like this guy, right?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Ha! You think?

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

People usually like to hear me talk about my fantasy baseball team. That's pretty interesting.
    I'm in third place, you know.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You molest collies, Buck[/chrisl]

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

If your avatar is a box of cereal, you are probably not very interesting.
    :D

Draft saved Draft deleted