1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you an interesting person?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm only asking because of a conversation in the newsroom last night. As with a lot of places, my shop does a lot of talking -- good and bad -- behind people's backs when they're not in the office.

Anyway, in between proofing pages, my name was brought up ...

Co-worker No. 1: You should hear what we say about you when you're not here, Trey.

Me: Huh? What?

Co-worker No. 2: He's kidding. We never talk about you. You're not interesting enough.

Me: Oh. Well, everyone here has such a big personality that I tend to stay in the background.

*crickets*

She's right ... and it kind of bummed me out.

I'm the type of person with a few interests (sports, music, photography) but isn't particularly well-rounded. I really can't cook without a microwave. I don't know a thing about cars. I'm not handy. I've never been west of Ohio. And I can go on and on and on.

That said, do you tend to stay in a comfort zone and focus on a few select interests/hobbies? Or are you the type of person who will try anything once? If you happen to be a little older (hi spnited!), do you still have an adventurous side?

(FYI: I'm not necessarily looking for advice, though it is certainly welcome. Just want to see where you folks stand)

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Each day should try to be more interesting by trying to be a little bit like Creed Bratton.

- Sell fake IDs to local children
    -Get glasses and sport coats from the lost and found
    -Join a religious cult, as a leader or follower
    -Keep exotic beans or seeds in your desk
    -Have a second identity to transfer your debt to when you spend too much

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trey,

Go west of Ohio. You'll instantly be more interesting. Don't stop till you find an In-and-Out Burger.

4. KG

KG Active Member

I like to think I'm interesting, but I guess it just depends on your definition of interesting.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I once had an awkward moment, just so I could see what it felt like.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Go post your bank account number and routing number on the Web. You'll find that people will be very interested in you pretty quickly.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm more of an off-putting person.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Put a pic of your sister on your desk. Everyone will seek you out then

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Or salt water.

Seriously, rent a car and go for a long drive. Hell, it could even be by yourself. In fact, that would be more fun.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I think we're all a little more interesting than we think we are. My first thought when I read the thread title was 'no' but I've actually done some pretty cool stuff, traveled etc. I bet if you think about it some more you'd find some stuff, Trey.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

One's Facebook friends are infinitely interesting, just ask them.

Or read the diarrheal stream of status updates.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

We're having pork chopshh . . . and appleshhauce tonight. Shwell.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted