1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you addicted to copy editing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

That is fucking fantastic.

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I just don't use big words. You can easily understand me if you are at a junior high reading level.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

I have an OCD thing kinda like that. I read everything backwards. It's kinda weird sometimes, people say.

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Not only do I copy edit the song titles in my iPod, but before I got Web access at home, I had to type in every CD that I burned. For me this included scouring the liner notes to get the proper composition credit, and in the case of my jazz albums soloists on each track.

5. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Maybe not these days.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

best thing i've red in some time.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

At the clinic I go to, they have signs to keep people back from the desk while waiting in line. They start with "To insure our patient's confidentiality..." Drives me nuts every time.

I can't turn the copy editing part of my brain off, but I don't correct or edit the writing of my friends and loved ones unless they ask me to. That's a quick way to never hear from friends and loved ones.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Look, you can't expect people on methadone to be completely coherent.

Draft saved Draft deleted