1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a credits watcher?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, May 3, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The Iron Man thread got me to thinking: I wonder how many people, like me, like to stay and watch the credits at the end of the movie.

This drives my family nuts. Movie's over, they're ready to go, and there NW, standing and watching type roll up the screen (why does it go up instead of down?). I'm almost always the last person out of the theatre, and with some movies you get a bonuse for sticking around. Usually, there's some actor or voice I want to identify, but mostly, I like being in there and listening to music on a better sound system than I own myself.

Anybody else?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I stay until the end, too, which almost never sits well. But I don't want to miss anything. So many movies have clips at the end, and I'm not going to be the schmuck who doesn't see it.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Staying through the credits — assuming I enjoyed the movie — is my way of "Thanking" all of those who never appeared on screen but had a hand in making the film.

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I just leave a tip up by the screen.

5. I hang around to find out who the Best Boy was, and how close he was to the Key Grip.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I just spit my drink all over my computer.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I not only watch the credits, but call someone on my cell phone and read them aloud to them.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, I stay too, to check out the music credits, etc.

The thig that bugs me is, they ALWAYS should say where the movie was filmed. They don't always do that.

Like, in big letters, "Shot on location in New York City and Plentywood, Mont.", or something. Quite often the locations are not listed and I'm curious to see what city they used to the shots not in studio, or if the entire thing was filmed on a back lot in Burbank or Culver City.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't always stay all the way through to the very end, but I usually stick around and check out most of the credits. Mostly because I like to see who scored it or who the cinematographer was or some such thing. I'm usually there long enough to catch whatever stuff they might throw in during the credits.

I used to sit all the way through, but my friends always want to leave right away, so it's kind of a happy medium.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What's the point of jumping into a sea of people when you could wait two minutes and walk out quickly and unscathed?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

We hit a lot of matinees. Crowd's usually not a problem. But on general principle, I agree.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I set'em up, you knock'em down ...

Draft saved Draft deleted