1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a Cardinal Puff?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 20, 2007.

1. A friend of mine recently jogged my memory on this college game.

So I ask.... Are you a Cardinal Puff?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

At least you said 'college game' so now I know what I don't know. :D

(I have no idea what this thread is about.)

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is this anything like those girls football games called Powder Puff?

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'm a Pope, dammit!

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A drinking game . . . made exponentially more-difficult by the absorbtion of any alcohol, whatsoever.

We're going 'way back here . . . 40 years or more.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why don't you share the rules with the rest of the class, someone.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Damned if I remember them, DW.

It was very Simon Says-like . . . you had to follow a convoluted routine, precisely, or had to imbibe.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

A college I attended had a record store (and head shop, if you can believe it -- this was the 1970s) called Cardinal Puff right in the student center. I always thought it was in reference to the bongs, pipes and rolling papers they sold in there, but I see by Googling it is a drinking game. We never played games with drinking, we were damned serious about it.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I spent the entire spring quarter of my freshman year of college trying to master that game. I failed miserably and failed often.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm a beer pong, power hour kind of guy when I drink to drink. I've never heard of this game.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Is it similar to what they do on Beer Fest? When they have to make up a move and then the next person has to do that move and make up another, then the next person has to copy exactly and then make up their own ...?

Draft saved Draft deleted