1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we that sick of Favre?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was watching TSN this mornng and they have one of thier reporters in Green Bay following this story.

Christ, isn't there hockey to talk about?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Mort has probably already volunteered...

3. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I'm equally sick of ESPN and far too many newspapers outside Green Bay Wisconsin spending so much time and space on this story. Since nothing much changed in the story between March and June, there should have been no coverage then. Instead, we got rehash after rehash and piles of rumors.

Now that something new has happened - albeit a minor change that can be handled in one report or two - hearing about the reinstatement letter only reminds me of the super-saturation coverage the story had gotten. Enough already!

I would not care if Favre continued his "shall I or shan't I play" business if I didn't have to hear/read about it every damned day.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

As much as I'm sickened by the fatigue tied around this story, I'm more sickened by the lack of criticism sent Brett's way by much of the media.

Any other player not named Brett Favre would be called selfish and characterized as a divisive influence in the locker room.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Watching the repeat of SportSCenter from last night.

The lead story was Favre. The SC Right Now update was Favre. And the final segment was Favre.

ESPN has gone overboard with this.

6. Scouter

Scouter Member

That's a first...

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Seldom if ever, Hugz.

Seldom if ever.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

How can anyone hate Favre? He's screwing up lockerrooms in three cities!

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I muted the Cubs-Brewers game because they started talking about, you guessed it, Favre.

Holy shit, you're at a baseball game. Can we please focus on that? I know they're in Milwaukee, but still.

Draft saved Draft deleted