1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Vegas cops treading too lightly with OJ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 14, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I haven't followed it closely enough to even have a guess about whether there is probable cause for an arrest. But let's say I called the police and said, "Hondo robbed me at gunpoint!" You think they should arrest you based on my accusation?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

But, meanwhile:

Juice . . . don't leave town . . . OK?

Thanks.

3. boots

boots New Member

But he's still on the loose. People have said he's getting special treatment. I don't see it that way at all.

4. Well, I certainly base much of what I believe on the sterling insights of the Hannity and Colmes Extravaganza.
    That said, I don't think there's a cop in America who doesn't want to bust OJ.

5. boots

boots New Member

Which is why I contend there must not be much there because he's having a good time in Sin City.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe not, but I'd be in an interrogation room or the holding cell overnight.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That must be the reason then...

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Could be that since they are more than likely dealing with SO many shady characters the police don't know who to believe. Which is why he hasn't been arrested yet.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

LAS VEGAS (AP) - A sports memorabilia collector who accused O.J. Simpson of armed robbery said Saturday that he was "on O.J.'s side" and wants the case dropped.

"I want this thing to go away. I have health problems," said Alfred Beardsley, the collector who told police on Thursday that Simpson and several other men stormed a Las Vegas hotel room and stole memorabilia at gunpoint.

Beardsley, of Burbank, Calif., told The Associated Press he is not interested in pursuing the case. "I have no desire to fly back and forth to Las Vegas to testify," he said. "How are they going to have a witness who's on O.J.'s side?"

Beardsley said he called police only because the items were valuable and if he had not reported them as stolen he would be "held accountable for all the stuff." Beardsley said Friday that Simpson had called him to apologize.

Lt. Clint Nichols said later Saturday that Beardsley had not formally withdrawn his complaint and that another collector in the room, Bruce Fromong, had not indicated that he wants to drop the complaint.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8RM91EG0&show_article=1

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I could give two shits about OJ, what he's doing, where he is, etc.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

CNN is reporting OJ is in police custody.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

AP confirms OJ has been arrested.

Draft saved Draft deleted