1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are these traffic posts NSFW?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jul 9, 2007.

?

Do you see it?

1. Yes, it's obvious

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No, those people have sex on their mind

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Well... then you ain't no sick bastard.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I hate to break in on this but what's the point of these barriers in the first place?

It says they're "designed to protect pedestrians from cars"

What, do drivers in Keizer, Oregon routinely drive on the sidewalks?

Or are people in Keizer so stupid that they have to be stopped from just walking out in traffic?

They're also bloody ugly--whether they look like dicks or not.

3. The kid's comment about hanging a sign saying "Always use protection" is damned funny, though.

4. XXXX

XXXX Member

...or semen.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Barriers, like these, are used all of the time at various intersections and stores. A nearby ice cream place is just a window where people place orders. So, they put up barriers to protect the patrons.

It isn't so much that people will be stupid (although we are talking Oregon here) and drive on the sidewalk, it is that there could be an out of control or drunk driver that spins out and ends up where they shouldn't be.

They have stuff like this up in front of federal buildings, banks, etc.

6. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

They have those all around here. It's not a big deal.

Those grooves are designed to link those aforementioned chains between the posts. At least, that's the way I've seen it. It works almost like a dog collar.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Reading that story inspired me to go rip up all the flowers in front of our office building. I noticed this morning how they were sporting these obscene petals that looked like engorged labia. Just flapping and folding all over the place in front of God and everybody. Well, now there'll be no more of that filth. That pervert groundskeeper will be pissed, but too bad. He'll just have to take his lewd flora elsewhere.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

What about this proposed building in cosmopolitan San Diego? http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070707/news_1m7tower.html

Designer will 'tone down' tower over criticism

Consultant had called structure 'very phallic'

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

When I showed the photo to people at work, every one of them laughed. No one was offended and we all thought it was funny. But we also thought it certainly looked phallic.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but surely I'm not the first to find it humorous that they're going to replace a phallic symbol with a bondage symbol. :D

EDIT: And now I have. Thank you Mr. Dangerously; you have restored my faith in humanity. ;D

Y'know, they could just paint the damn things ...

[​IMG]

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I understand the federal buildings stuff --as a security measure.

I just think they're bloody ugly and don't add a damn thing to the urban landscape.

I mean, how many times do cars "jump" the sidewalk and run into pedestrians?

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Every time I see a concrete cooter at an intersection, it's all I can do to keep from driving on the sidewalk Popeye Doyle-style and scaring pedestrians.

Draft saved Draft deleted