1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the Yankees really in trouble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by casty33, Sep 3, 2012.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Looking at their lineup, it's hard to believe that they could blow the lead in the AL East, but they have trouble with the Orioles and Rays. Can it actually happen? If so, it would make spnited very happy.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

jeter's going to put this team on his back and carry it to a world title!!

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They've been in trouble for two and a half weeks now.

Every other day they lose someone else out of the lineup. I think before today they went three straight games with Steve Pearce, Andruw Jones and Eric Chavez hitting cleanup.

The funny part is that when they were building that 10 game lead two months ago, it had a very 'how are they doing it' quality. They had an easy schedule and now it's all collapsing at once.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

As a fan, it sure feels like they're in trouble. For the record, even when they were sweeping all the NL teams, I never thought this team was that good (to be fair, I was skeptical in 2009 too).

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Fixed.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They've had two big problems all season. They haven't been able to manufacture runs, and they've been battered by injuries to the point where their old guys on the bench are wearing down.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

As a Yankees fan, I hate seeing this. A 10-game lead whittled to one, but this is what MLB wanted when it created the new playoff format.

As a baseball fan, I love it. It's a tight race that will come down the wire and make for some (hopefully) exciting play heading to the postseason.

8. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

They have a losing record since the break.

9. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Orioles-Yankees have a four-game series later this week.

We should learn a lot about both teams.

While the Yankees aren't that good, I have absolutely no idea how the Orioles are keeping it up.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They just completed a three-game series in NY in which Baltimore took two out of three.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Who cares? The BoSox are 0-7 on their Left Coast trip.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The biggest problem here is that Peter Angelos could come out a winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted