1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the Utah Jazz really this good?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Or just kinda sorta lucky through 10 games?

Most of the big Power Polls and rankings have them at No. 1. I just can't get comfy with that and I'm sort of a Utah Jazz fanboy.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Carlos Boozer: MVP candidate

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Through three weeks, perhaps. But frankly, I think Deron Williams is more of the MVP on that team right now.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So YOU"RE the guy dressed in the Utah Jazz uniform in the Kobe commercial...

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I, for one, believe in the Jazz. They are doing exactly what Jerry Sloan wants them to do, and they have a different player step up every night. I went into the season not knowing what to think, but they seem like they could in 55-60 games this season.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The Jazz is good. However, I think their current status has more to do with the amount of games played than being an inevitable NBA champion.

Their one loss, to the wonderful state of NJ, exposed the team to a smaller quicker line-up at times.

I do believe they are playing above themselves, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the playoffs as a 3 or 4 seed.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cleveland Cavs vs. Boozer for the NBA title!

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Nice! I like that! Cavs in six!

Not to thread jack, but is that the correct way when dealing with a nickname that is signular like Jazz or Heat. "The Jazz is" instead of "The Jazz are"?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

According to AP style, it should be Jazz ARE. Team names are considered plural, even when it's a word that's normally singular.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Jazz is good. You make sexy time with Jazz ? Very nice.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

At least this will stop some of the bullshit about Chris Paul being worlds better than Deron Williams.

Paul's skills probably translate better to the NBA, but he's not that much better.

12. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

What's real impressive is that AK47 is hurt and the team is rolling without him.

Boozer had 35 tonight, and Millsap has been the most impressive rookie in the NBA (yes, better than Morrison) through 11 games.

Draft saved Draft deleted