1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

are the lions any longer entitled to a t-day game?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The peanut gallery on NFLN hinted at this, and it is a legitimate discussion.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If every single person currently working in the organization is not terminated within seven days of the end of the season, the game should be removed, the franchise seized and placed under NFL control, the Fords written a check for a minimum pittance for the "paper value" of the franchise, and the team re-sold to some presumably dramatically-more-competent owner.

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

The Lions should play overnight between infomercials.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I'd rather be constantly punched in the taint and forced to watch Shamwow infomercials on a 24-hour loop than watch a Lions game.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

What about when they play the Bears?

The NFL could start a new tradition: televising games on Thanksgiving pitting good teams against one another.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But the Shamwow really works!

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, I thought that the NFL was the best run, most effective sports league in the history of the universe?
    How could such a tightly run ship allow one its franchises to go under?
    And for that matter, I look around the NFL and I see a league that has lost its grasp.
    If you are going to take the Lions away from the Fords, is Davis going to lose the Raiders as well? Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in more than a decade. Does JJ lose the Cowboys?
    The NFL has lots of teams that suck.
    Yeah, Detroit is especially bad this season, but others are pretty bad as well;.

8. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I'd rather watch Life Alert. I kind of chuckle at that one at least.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, the NFL has its problems, but those are usually forgotten during the Super Bowl when eleventy billion people from 8,456 countries are watching.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Football's still better than baseball, so there.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm guessing within the next few years, the NFL will take over control of the T'giving schedule to make sure they have better matchups. They should just have Dallas and Detroit play each other every year, thus saving the tradition, and wait until a couple weeks before the holiday to schedule the two other games.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You don't decide who plays four days early on Thanksgiving on November 13th.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Why not? If the NFL thinks it will help ratings, like the flex schedule for Sunday night games, they won't hesitate to make a change.

Draft saved Draft deleted