1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the bookers on the Today show working from an old Rolodex

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by friend of the friendless, Nov 29, 2009.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

In its blanket coverage of l'affaire Tigre, Today's Sunday crew is interviewing S.A.S., identified as a Philadelphia Inquirer columnist. No truth in advertising, I guess. Accompanied on a two-man panel by Len Berman who was let go by WNBC. I guess everyone else was working.

o-<

2. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

He was rehired as Philadelphia Inquirer columnist. Hard to believe they couldn't get someone better than that, however. How about NBC's own Dan Patrick?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is a notorious no-show weekend at the pitstop in question.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sir or Madame,

As discussed elsewhere in the Journalism Topics his status at the Inky is somewhat less certain than you portray it. He is not among the 24 smiling faces on the paper's sports-columnists' webpage. Nothing by him about Tiger in today's paper or about anything else in a week's of stuff. If he's looking to land back in the paper his appearance on Today (and his billing) is a bit of negotiation out of Kim Jong Il's handbook.

o-<

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The Inky was ordered to rehire him, but I don't think they've published anything by him since the court order.

Draft saved Draft deleted