1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are my neighbours growing pot?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gomer, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I'm not sure whether I'm overly worried about a negative impact at this point, just want to find out and came here to see if the signs I'm seeing are indicative of a grow op.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I live in Alberta and the number of grow-ops here is astounding. They are not in run down areas either. I know of 2 former grow ops in my subdivision where the average house price is above 500K.

Grow ops are bad for the community. The house usually needs to be gutted because of mold and humidity issues and as TBF pointed out, it brings the criminal element right onto your street.

The penalties for operating a grow op are so rediculously low here that the risk vs reward is tiny.

I've got nothing against pot, my younger self quite enjoyed it but grow ops are a blight.

To the original question, yes, it sounds like a grow op. Call the cops or crimestoppers.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Leo must have attended Penn State.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Heck Gomer, if you really want to shake them up, next time you see them, tell them that you saw what you thought was smoke from the windows and you were about to call the fire department when they just arrived home.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My understanding is that Gomer had smelled pot coming from their garage on Sundays for a while, then it stopped, and that now:

So am I the only one thinking we're reaching a little when we declare these folks drug dealers? It's not as if we have ironclad proof like tinted car windows or the playing of rap music.

Draft saved Draft deleted