1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are my neighbours growing pot?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gomer, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

A few months ago a family moved in to the house beside us. They used to live in B.C. and while I don't like making generalizations, let's just say they fit the bill.

Pretty much every Sunday for the first month their garage reeked of pot. Check that, the garage door was a smidge open and the whole vicinity including my house reeked of it.

Though we never said anything to them it did stop. But now I'm worried about something else I've noticed. Their windows - at least the ones facing our house - are almost always fogged with humidity.

This is Alberta. Not the coast, and certainly not a place where humidity is an issue. We've had record high winter temperatures and record low amounts of snow. I don't recall the former owners of their house having the same problems.

They also seem to leave outside lights on 24/7. And I never see them - though I typically put that off to my odd hours at the paper.

I suspect I'm overreacting to think there might be a grow op next door but walking over, knocking on the door and asking would be a bad move. What would you do (aside from asking for some free product in exchange for not calling the cops?)?
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Make friends.
  3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

If it ever gets to the point where I'm friendly enough to use the back door I may have to create a new handle to write about it...
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If they are dealing, then I would take isssue.

If they are growing and smoking their own, more power to them.
  5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Stop attacking the job creators.
  6. mb

mb Active Member

Interesting ... or not ...

Guy just got busted down here for growing a metric shitton. How'd he get caught? The power company turned him in. Crazy high power use is a apparently a pretty telltale sign of a growing operation and the power companies report that kind of stuff to the cops.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

Thought it was a record consumption of Funyuns ....
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They keep records on large pistachio purchases, too.
  9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Does the lady of the house always have a frappe' in hand?
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

Gomer, in all seriousness, it's worth investigating. But don't let them catch you, um, sniffing around. After gathering enough suspicion, let the cops handle it.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

People who operate indoor pot farms in their own homes have been known to be both anxious and well-armed. So I'd stay the hell away from them if I were you.
  12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Light their house on fire and see if you get a contact high.
Draft saved Draft deleted