1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are mainstream media members naturally so liberal it creates bias?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If he’s a ideological diversity hire, then it’d be fair to say the NYT was so far to the left it needed an ideological diversity hire, yes?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Ah . . . "business" ties.

That's why we've seen so many stories on Howard Schultz and collusion with Russia.

[​IMG]

And Hewlett-Packard's business ties to Russia obviously are what KOd Carly Fiorina from holding public office.

[​IMG]

And we're perfectly fine electing Joe Biden, whose son is on the board of directors of a notorious Ukraine gas company.

Did Biden Save This Ukraine Firm Responsible for $1.8B in Missing Aid? His Son is on the Board...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m not sure progressive worldviews make you more likely to be open minded. Do progressive journalists on Twitter seem open minded to you? It’s a herd mentality.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You can find a Starbucks in every red state, including Russia. Why doesn’t trump, that global icon of real estate development have projects in all red states in the US? Cause even a fat fuck knows that red state’ denizens cant afford to live in his gilded tenements.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

To be clear: You’re saying here that you think Douthat can form coherent sentences. I’m not sure that’s a defensible statement.

6. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

I think I'm safe in saying I'm much less of a moron and a much better person than you, since I never was stupid enough to make sexually inappropriate comments about women and get myself fired from two jobs.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Is it board kosher to “go there”?

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Does not compute.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

/what a much better person might look like

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Only one job you pathetic loser.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are readers so biased they see bias when there is none? Like Republicans not trusting the WSJ as much as they do InfoWars?

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

How the fuck do they even study that and come up with charts and graphs like those?

No one reads ALL of those. Well, except for Palin.

Draft saved Draft deleted