1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are journalists useful?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I'm useful. I can't speak to the rest of you deviants.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I assume the island has a CVS.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Duane Reade. And the batteries are way overpriced.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm not sure Guy Who Has Memorized Joe Mauer's Home/Road Splits will make anyone's list.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Scratch the apprentice. I will bring along a minter.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Five People You Meet in Heaven?

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Three days before the Final Four?

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Dammit. I fold, too.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Hey, Zeke can change a tire, damn it.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The GP makes sense. My thinking was that a surgeon would still have enough knowledge from their med school rotations to deal with the more mundane stuff but would be invaluable in case of an emergency. Also, I wasn't aware zombies were part of the conversation.

-----------------

As to UR's image: The juxtaposition of "maximum security cell" and "apartment" is a bit odd, but considering it has room enough for a shower, toilet and all that furniture, I'm leaning more toward something like a studio apartment. I'm also assuming the fridge/oven option (#14) uses one power point or, if not, will only unplug the fridge when using the oven.

I'd go with 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 14, 19, 31 (though I'd feel bad about it) and 32. 36 is damn tempting, though.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I need to know more about this island. Is it just a coconut tree and a shitload of sand? Or is there foliage, vegetation and shit?

Without knowing that, all I got right now is a disease-free nymphomaniac prostitute who craves being paid in coconuts.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Some foliage, scant vegetation and lots of actual shit left by an immense population of deer. So many deer, in fact, that scores of them die in a given year. So you're set.

Draft saved Draft deleted