1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are college graduates that unprepared?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

I keep hearing that. I wish I were better at finding out if it's actually true.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Besides writing, basic undergraduate preparation is an issue as well. Another student had no idea what federalism is.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

www.imawesome.com
    @imawesome
    facebook.com/imawesome

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Isn't that some sort of funky evangelical denomination? Like where they believe in the separation of ... something?

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Drop my subscription.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice....

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

In all fairness that should be on high schools. Not all colleges make you take some level of American history. It might be hard to go through a social studies/humanities major without bumping into the subject, but it is possible. Science/engineering/other majors involving math, that would be easy. With the specialization of college classes (especially big ones) I could see never discussing Federalism. That said, I think almost all high schools team U.S. History.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

In all fairness, a student in a graduate poltical science program should know what federalism is and should know how to write.

10. Simon

Simon Active Member

Too bad no one cares. Here or professionally. You're set to make peanuts for life.

/sarcasm

11. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Never said they shouldn't. Just shifting blame from undergraduate preparation in the case of general "college graduates."

Since I forgot you were political science, that obviously changes the outlook.

Draft saved Draft deleted