1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are all topics equal?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by echan00, Mar 23, 2011.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

NSFW photos usually get the job done.

The amount of email I get promoting absolute junk seems to have increased tenfold since Gore invented the Internet, because it so much cheaper than postage stamps. I mean junk ... from hole-in-one insurance to book review inquiries, transcripts of White House events and, yes, the odd appeal from Nigeria. Plus I still get the odd newsside release, since I started here on the news desk. As you may have figured, I don't even bother to look at most of them.

Some have suggested localizing, which is fine, but please go beyond "Podunk High fans will like this gizmo."

2. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Many sportswriters wouldn't know an app from their ass. Better to try and get in front of some tech reporters/bloggers. They'll be able to actually rate the effectiveness/quality of the app, no matter who the market is.

Draft saved Draft deleted