1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Archie finally chooses between Betty and Veronica!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, May 28, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

About 20 years ago, they made a TV movie that looked at the Archie characters in adulthood as they returned to Riverdale for a reunion. Veronica had been married and divorced numerous times, Betty was a never-married schoolteacher (played by Lauren Holly), Jughead and Archie were both divorced with kids, Reggie and Mr. Lodge were in cahoots on a corrupt project that threatened something about Riverdale, can't remember what......the actor who played Archie later played Reba McEntire's husband on her self-named sitcom. It was kind of entertaining as I recall. And Lauren Holly, who I had never heard of at that point, just made me want Betty that much more. :)

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

And he made the right call. I'm surprised by the lack of love for the smokin' hot, wealthy brunette. And I heard Betty's a whore.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

If you heard it, she obviously didn't give it up to you, so it can't be true. ;D

4. lono

lono Active Member

We were going to run the Milford-Tilden advance, but the goddamned stringer missed deadline.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I can't believe I've been reading both of those comics off and on for 20+ years and I didn't know Lois and Beetle Bailey are siblings. Next, you're going to tell me that Gil Thorp is cheating on Mimi with Marcy from Jump Start.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I always wondered about the football conference schedule in the Tri-High League. They play each other four times each and three non-conference? And Miss Grundy had to be frustrated that every student but Dilton Doiley spelled it "choklit"

7. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

[​IMG]

Speaking of threesomes...

I actually have this comic in a box right by the computer. Life with Archie No. 2. Date is September 1958.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I like that Reggie and a very different looking Forsythe Jones said the quote in unison, the latter being able to do so with a closed mouth. And some foreshadowing: Veronica is absorbed in the pleasure of drinking the soda and Archie is crushing on her. Betty, meanwhile, is doing her best Betty Boop.

9. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

[​IMG]

Check out Archie the reporter. He turns down $500 from a real newspaper! What a schmuck.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Double J

Double J Active Member

And that was when the comic was worth 12 lousy cents.

Now it's worth $2.50 - more than 20 times more expensive.

And the goddamned newspaper would probably still be offering him only $500 for that story. :mad:

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Both were created by Mort Walker. "Hi and Lois" is a "Beetle" spin-off. Apparently their most recent crossover was in 1994 or thereabouts.

http://www.toonopedia.com/hilois.htm

Hi and Lois' son Chip takes after his mother's side of the family. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

There was an X-rated Archie movie, too, that was really, really funny.
    Archie was quite the player. The scene with the car horn in the school parking lot was hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted