1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force" causes terrorism panic in Boston

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Jan 31, 2007.

1. You should have seen the local drones go at this story.
    Teenage Aqua News Force!

2. KP

KP Active Member

Hope the ad company enjoys paying the city and state for the cost of this.
    F_B what issues did you have with the way it was covered, other than they would never go off the air? They never said they were explosive devices or anything. Though I've heard the words "suspicious package" more times than I would have liked.
    What would you have done differently? Other than go back to regularly scheduled programming.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At some point, like after maybe the third package, isn't there a single employee of the city of Boston who knows what Aqua Teen Hunger Force is? I do, and I take pride in missing all pop culture since 1974.
    Also, I find two things hard to believe.
    1. Turner Broadcasting wasn't apprised of potential legal problems from this stunt, didn't inform all affected cities. If they a cc: of a letter they sent to Boston, Menino ought to just quietly leave the hemisphere.
    2. Why is it if these things were placed all over America, only here were they found and only here did they prompt such a glorious overreaction? It couldn't possibly be because the mayor is an idiot, could it?
    For you out of towners, Tom Menino, while diligent, is every bit as smart as he looks and sounds on TV.
    Oh well, at least it got the "Theo Epstein married!" story off the air.

4. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/01/artist_arrested.html

The man who installed the devices has been arrested.

5. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

This might be the best thing to happen to this movie.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The terrorists clearly have won.

7. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

I am giving Boston's mayor the finger as hard as I possibly can.

The Moon Rulz No.1

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The funny thing is we have a couple of boards with Ignignokt flicking off the traffic in my town, but it's not one of the cities listed in the report.

I almost peed myself when I first saw it. At night, black billboard, Ignignokt lit by neon lights. And I'm sure he was doing it harder than he ever had before.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And somehow, I don't believe this to be a coincidence.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'd pay $20 to hear a Chowd say "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

1. Knowing Ken from working with him in a past life, I could see him rocking out to ATHF.
    2. If you wanna pimp your show, fine. But to put devices with wires coming out under bridges and major highways? C'mon, that's stupid. What do you expect?
    3. Menino's a bumbling, arrogant moron who makes Hugo Chavez look like a champion of democracy -- see the way he's ruined his opposition's campaigns through smear tactics and whatnot -- and I'm glad I no longer cast a ballot for him.

AP now says that Philly police say 56 devices are across that city.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Fox News kept throwing out the "Wellllllllllllllllllllll it could be a diversion for a REAL TERRORIST ATTACK THAT COULD HAPPEN AT ANY MINUTE!"
    I hate cable news.

Draft saved Draft deleted