1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

APSE writing results announced

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lynn_Hoppes, Mar 22, 2007.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Same here, JB. Honorable mention works for me.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

As it should.

Well done, guys. Well done.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

There's a winner's banquet, right? Just curious, does anyone know when and where it is?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tahoe.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Waaaaaay to easy of a setup there.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Take em as you get em...

7. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Re: Mitch. Since Slappy and I grew up on him, I think we both agree that if he were a fulltime columnist and not a radio talk show host-playwrite-author-musician-anything else he wants to be, he'd still be winning the APSE columnist award year-in and year-out.

I know Slappy hates em, but when Mitch is on, I believe there is no one better in the biz. He's just spread himself too thin.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I didn't grow up on Albom. I grew up reading Falls, Jerry Green and Pete Waldmeir; to a later extent, Downey and to a lesser extent, George Cantor and George Puscas..

10. keef spoon

keef spoon Member

But they'll still get preferential treatment in hiring because, y'know, they're women and they're such oppressed "minorities" and all.

11. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Thanks.

12. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

There might be more than you think - do you really know the gender of every name on that list?

At the same token, it's about the writing. Doesn't matter if they're black/green/boobed/trannys/white/flowers.

Draft saved Draft deleted