1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

APSE results

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spankys, Feb 23, 2009.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Congrats to Moseley. Nice work, man!

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Congrats to Bob Heist. That's two APSEs in the last three years, I think.

3. Are the doughnuts gone yet?

4. Notepad

Notepad Member

Congrats to the winners, I guess.
    I have won my share as well.

Excuse me while I get back to breaking some fucking stories while too many people are worried about these inane awards.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Bob Fucking Woodward there.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Good for you, dude.
    With all the bad shit at newspapers right now, I've got no problem with someone feeling good that they won, hoping they won, etc. People need a reason to feel good about their work, especially with no increased income coming out of it. Maybe tone the preaching down a bit.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The people who care about awards and the people who don't will never understand each other. I don't care about them, but I'm not about to start a pissing match with those who do.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

It's not a pissing match.
    I'm not even eligible to win anything, if that tell's you anything. I just think the APSEs are one of the few reasons newspaper people can forget about the bigger f-ing problems right now. So why criticize someone who is interested in it? If you like it, cool. If you don't, don't read the thread and don't bash those who do.

9. hwkcrz1

hwkcrz1 Member

Well said MU.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was agreeing with you. If people enjoy these things, let them enjoy it. It's not hurting anything.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I know this has been said before, but how is it we can't provide quality coverage by sending a reporter to cover an event, but newspaper can always find the money to send an editor or two to a convention/judging?
    While I appreciate all the sports editors performing the judging, and I've done it in the past and it really is a lot of work, I commend those sports editors who decided to send the right message to their staff by not going this year.

12. Notepad

Notepad Member

That "tell's" me nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted