1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

APSE - Photocopies OK?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Lynn_Hoppes

Lynn_Hoppes Member

Lordy, lots of discussions on this.
    And people getting stressed out.

Here's the deal: I'm not throwing out stuff or having stuff thrown out based on silly crap like that. There are 1,524,632 new sports editors this year and not everyone understands or remembers how we do it.

So do the best you can. Turn in what you can. Photocopies are acceptable. But library printouts are not. The most important thing is to follow instructions on the APSE website.

http://apse.dallasnews.com/

It's going to be hard for you to get thrown out.

We want to honor and reward the best in our business. And we want everyone to be on a level playing field.

Any questions, send me a note through my work email:

lhoppes@orlandosentinel.com

Lynn

2. Bill_Bradley

Bill_Bradley Member

Thanks for the update, Lynn.

My apologies to anyone for muddying the waters.

Bill.

3. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

Lynn—
    We may want to take steps to clarify this in the four-page rules document that helps the 1.5 million new sports editors through the process. I also was under the impression photo copies were not allowed because they, too, could be altered from the stories original appearance in the newspaper.
    The rules are so specific on some things — staples, not paper clips on writing entries. We were trying to figure out if we should clip or staple the index cards to our section entries. I hope we picked the right one.

Draft saved Draft deleted