1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

APSE Contest results

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Condition Of Anonymity, Feb 14, 2011.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

OK, I'll say it: From my thinly veiled online identity here, I can't help but be very pleased with the results with one of the 175,000 writing categories.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

congrats to my friend and former teammate, the star-ledger's steve politi, an underrated gem well-deserving of acknowledgments in the column-writing AND features categories. nice going, stevie!! ;D ;D ;D

and my boy just turned 38. guess my boy's all growsed-up. 8)

3. Shawnee Reporter

Shawnee Reporter New Member

Congrats to everybody that won.

4. Wes Rucker

Wes Rucker Member

Wasn't sure I'd ever win one of these, and I never thought I'd win two in the same year. I still can't believe it.

I'll always be proud to say I worked at the Chattanooga Times Free Press. Things change, and sometimes you have to move on, but I miss those guys. Happy to get them a couple of awards a couple of months after leaving. There are plenty of great people in that building.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Congrats, Wes ... as the saying goes, it doesn't necessarily mean anything if you don't win one of these -- but it's pretty cool if you do.

6. esport12

esport12 Member

Will they do the break down of 1-5 this year and the hon. mention? Or are they just doing top 10 without ranking?

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Congrats to all present and former SJers who won awards...saw several names I know, and that's only among the people I'm familiar with on here.

Special shoutout to Gregg Doyel. I'll take some credit for that. :D :D :D :D

8. greggdoyel

greggdoyel Member

You deserve some. We had to enter five columns, and thinking of you, I eliminated from consideration any column from 2010 that had the word "douchebag." That left me with five. :)

9. Philkaplan

Philkaplan Member

Newspapers entering section contest: 212. 316 primary members, some don't publish.

Over 175,000 entries: 39 (39 Daily, 38 Sunday, 33 Special)
    75k - 175k: 49 (45 Daily, 44 Sunday, 38 Special)
    30k - 75k: 64 (60 Daily, 59 Sunday, 52 Special)
    Under 30K: 58 (52 Daily, 50 Sunday, 46 Special)

Overall winner and top 5 will be announced late March or very early April.

-Phil

Draft saved Draft deleted