1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

APSE Contest results

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Condition Of Anonymity, Feb 14, 2011.

1. They're starting to get posted on the APSE site.

http://apsportseditors.org/

2. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Congratulations. Good luck. Any chance we can avoid the expected bitching about why awards are irrelevant? They're happening regardless, might as well hope that good things happen for good people.

3. No kidding -- we won a top 10. What a shock.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

best of luck if you have submitted stories for evaluation. i dunno what one of these prizes can do for you but they certainly can't hurt you or your paper if your section or any stories are noted.

these days any opportunity for folks in our biz to take a bow can't be a bad thing. don't know what to say beyond that, other than, 'WOO-HOO!!' to anyone who receives acknowledgment.

5. esport12

esport12 Member

have to say got a top 10 sunday for first time in my life, and it feels great. Any good news in this biz, I will take, even if the feeling lasts for a fleeting 24 hours.

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has ever been done, but noticed that Bob Heist got two Top 10 special sections nods at two different papers. His Super Bowl section with Lafayette Advertiser and Emmitt Smith section with Pensacola News Journal both received top 10 status.

7. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Nice to see photos from the events and judging. I'm sure Tim Franklin has a dozen IUPUI students "covering" the festivities. I think that's a great place to hold it.

8. McQuarters

McQuarters New Member

Is that how you get a ... cough, cough ... master's degree in sports journalism? ::)

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Bob?

10. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Heh, no. Just someone who has worked with Bob and respects what he does.

11. SavebyKeans

SavebyKeans New Member

Best of luck to everybody. I have to wonder if the judges take into account story sharing. Just noticed a top 10 Sunday section winner (not in our circ category) that uses a whole bunch of our content almost daily. I have no problem sharing with them ... unless my section doesn't get a top 10, too! ;)

12. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

Also, entire pages that are picked up from another location.

Draft saved Draft deleted