1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP's open letter to Hollywood: Lay off the puppy dogs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

only. a. fucking. movie.

pretend.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And what happens after Hollywood kills puppies, I ask you. Seriously ... do you know what those people do after they kill puppies?

They kill kittens.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

No shit. Get over it.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

grow. a. heart.

at least pretend. ;)

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dude, check my history concerning mike vick. not a big fucking fan of any person who'd torture a pooch.

but i also know the difference between fantasy and reality.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

But wouldn't you agree that the frequent portrayal of cruelty to animals without consequence doesn't help the cause?

(I know, I know, you could make the same argument about wanton killing of people on film, but I don't give a shit about people.)

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but what about the wanton killing of people? ... oh, that's right. ;)

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Damn you, Meat!

and damn that writer for mentioned "Where the Red Fern Grows." That BOOK made me bawl...can't even imagine having to watch it on the big screen. I didn't see the original movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Best thread ever.

I second the "damn you" for that Futurama episode. I watch that show for a few chuckles and then blam!, I'm crying like school girl because of that damn dog. Where the hell did that come from?!?!?

Don't even get me started on My Dog Skip.

Saddest part of The Road Warrior? Dog gets killed. Saddest part of Jurassic Park 2 (aside from blowing $8 on a crappy movie)? Dog gets eaten by dinosaur. Saddest part of Dances with Wolves? When that wolf gets killed (technically not a dog, but whatever).

God Bless you Mr. Coyle, or Dog Bless you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Last New Year's, I'm driving home on the interstate. Raccoon (at least it looked like a raccoon; I saw a flash of a ringed tail) runs into traffic and I run over it. Cars all around, can't swerve or dodge or pull over. I keep going, and a couple miles later my engine light comes on.
    Damn thing busted my radiator, causing nearly $2,000 in damage. Not sure what happened to the raccoon, but personally I hope it died shivering in a ditch. Fuckabuncha raccoons.

But, yeah, to get back on topic, killing dogs sucks. The wife won't watch a movie if they hurt an animal. I even had a hard time getting her to watch the Futurama episode after I told her what it was about.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

Murphy has no comment.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

But it's just fine to keep killing people in movies, especially with incredible explosions and gunfire and special effects? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay.

Draft saved Draft deleted