1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP's open letter to Hollywood: Lay off the puppy dogs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 9, 2008.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Was Jake Coyle really scrapping for something to write a column on?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm the same way. Kill all the people you want, but if someone so much as kicks a dog, I don't even want to see the movie. My wife wanted to leave "I Am Legend" after that scene. We knew from the previews that the dog died, but we thought, "Surely they won't draw it out or make it graphic." We were wrong.

And how about Josh Brolin killing a dog in two different movies released at the same time (No Country and American Gangster)? I think Hollywood underestimates people's sensitivity toward that kind of thing.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Dog dies, I won't watch the movie. No way, no how.

Old Yeller scarred me for life. Curse my grade school for showing that movie for a movie night.

5. AJ_Fiore

AJ_Fiore New Member

A little off the topic, if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. My girlfriends dog was hit and killed in a hit and run accident earlier today while crossing the street with her brother. From what I understand, the only thing that will happen to this girl who was driving the car is that she will get a cruelty to animals and a possible fine. Is there any other type of penalties that she may/could be facing. I ask this because, I can't get ahold of anyone from our local SPCA as they are closed.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ms. Slappy won't watch movies with dogs or animals in it because she's afraid they might get hurt. Eight Below, I can understand. March of the Penguins?

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

Is it possible that the driver didn't see that the dog was hit?

I don't even know if there would be a penalty, because it isn't a person.

I killed a bird once, and didn't realize it until my light was out. I saw a bird fly down and heard something against the car. I thought it was a rock. I only figured out what happened when my headlight didn't work and thought it needed an adjustment. The mechanic showed me the broken glass, and then I put everything together.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And as a slight threadjack, but folo to Gold, as I write this two hours after dark, there is a yellow finch asleep on my livingroom window sill. Must have got trapped when the sun went down since birds don't fly at night.

9. AJ_Fiore

AJ_Fiore New Member

well from what i hear, the girl was speeding and her brothers were screaming that she hit him, but she just sped off. I am just asking because technically that is an accident. Can charges be pressed b/c she left the scene of an accident or even wreckless driving.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Should be able to...

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jake Coyle's second least favorite movie:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I got "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey" for Festivus. One of my favorite parts is when Chance gets slapped by the porcupine. Oh, Chance. When will you learn?

Draft saved Draft deleted