1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP's NCAA Tourney Capsules

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by rhetty1117, Mar 17, 2007.

1. rhetty1117

rhetty1117 New Member

I've seen people post on here before with requests to the AP, so I figured I'd try it.

Anyone else annoyed with the AP's NCAA Tourney caps? I'm all for creative ledes, but whoever is compiling the capsules is getting crazy. Some of us don't have room to run four or five paragraphs for each game, meaning we have to cut each cap from the bottom. But last night half of them had creative ledes that didn't get to the point until the third graph, meaning plenty of last-minute changing so we can at least get the high-scorer's name in the lede.

Something a little more straightforward would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Last night's Arizona-Purdue one was the worst. Can you say, "editorializing?"

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Same with using Doug Ferguson's craptastic gassings as the raw materials for PGA entry in the golf capsules.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I was thinking the same thing last night. I was about to blame my rimmers for digging too deep in other news services for stories, then I saw them on the wire. AP, stick to the basics, eh?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Again, it's much like doing an NFL roundup. Take the main lede, slice off the cutesy first graf, and begin.

Draft saved Draft deleted