1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Applying for reality TV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pilot, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I don't think they will be shut down. In fact, I bet there is more of them due to the strike. (I'm sure everyone's thrilled) I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any effect on them.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

My 14-year-old son has applied for Endurance the last two years and didn't make it. If you haven't heard about it, it's kind of a kid version of Survivor but with teams. They require you to send in an audition tape. He spends way too much time worried about how he can make a tape to get on the show. Next year is the last year he can send in a tape, so we're hoping they pick him.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anybody see the list for Trump's "Celebrity" Apprentice? It's like they culled the best of the best of celebs who have appeared on reality shows, and then took the other ones.

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I've wanted to do Big Brother, but I've never had the nads to fill out the application... they always say "Be honest, dont tell us what you think we want to hear" but you know damn well that unless you've done some crazy shit that they can exploit, you aint getting picked.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I thought boob jobs were two-fers.

6. Actually, Amazing Race is the only one I would honestly do. Partly because people who do it are already accomplished at something - they're not doing it to become famous - and most don't become famous. The only one I can think of is that asshole couple a couple of years back.

Unfortunately, my wife and I - while very entertaining I'm sure, based on how our weekend excursions unfold - wouldn't last past the first round.

Draft saved Draft deleted