1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Appliance shopping, dryer division...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Anyone? No opinion on the Amana?

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

For the three people who were wondering (k, that's probably a major overestimate, but oh well.)

I purchased my new dryer today - I went with the Amana.

On Nov. 6, I will have an actual dryer today. (There were only two days next week they could deliver, and Tuesday was out of the question - I have a trial to cover, grrr.)

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good stuff. Not that anytime is a good one to be without appliances, but we're approaching a particular bad stretch to be without those sorts of necessities.

Now to get Rockbottom to call the repair folks ... and make sure he keeps his body parts on him ...

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Heck, I've been without a dryer all summer, another week isn't gonna be THAT bad. And if I get desperate, a very good friend of mine on the other side of the lake said I can come over and dry clothes any time.

Keeping body parts is always a good game plan. :)

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Well, this has been - interesting - to say the least.

I ordered the dryer, there were only two days a week they deliver to my area. I pick Friday, Nov. 6 since it would be much easier to take the day off work. Dryer arrives, delivery guys haul the old one away, all should be good, right?

Well, not exactly.

Mr. Rosie takes the afternoon off - part to hook up the propane gas, part to get ready for deer opener. I had ordered a conversion kit for the dryer because dryers ship ready for natural gas and to use propane, they need to have a nozzle installed.

They sent me a gas-line hookup kit. (GRRRR)

So, I call Home Depot, make the 50-mile round trip just to pick up the conversion kit.

Yup, you guessed it. The nozzle didn't fit.

I won't bore you with the details of the almost daily calls between me and Home Depot, but yesterday afternoon, I finally got a call that the kit, which originally was thought not to have shipped, was at the service counter.

Mr. Rosie made a special trip this morning to town to pick it up, and after he comes in from the deer stand in a couple hours, he's going to hook up the dryer.

If nothing else, it's a nice sunny day and I still have the clothespins out.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mr. Rosie is awesome!

He took time from hunting and from watching the Vikings game to hook up the dryer gas line early yesterday afternoon.

It works and I've already dried several loads.

No more crunchy bath towels!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted