1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

apple

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by king cranium maximus IV, Jan 5, 2008.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

i'm going on a hunger strike until these clowns put a damned ON/OFF BUTTON on the ipod. as in, a damned ON/OFF BUTTON, not the menu button + standing on one foot + holding my nose + picking my butt. a DAMNED ON/OFF BUTTON DAMMIT.

of course, this would be the company that waited 20 years to give the good world an end program function, so i'm not holding my breath (my stomach is another matter). functionality? screw that! just make it look purrty.

i really really really want to be an apple fanboi, but the damn backasswardness of the products keeps me from doing it.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Where's your off button? ;)

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Below his avatar. :D

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My recorder, though made by Sony, doesn't have a power button, either, and it still pisses me off after two-plus years.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And dammit, my cat's breath smells like cat food.

A question: If your Ipod Shuffle gets wet, is there a way to revive it, or is it toast?

6. king cranium maximus IV

seriously, WTF is up with that? i hate to agree with a ridiculous jackass like thomas sowell, but dang- shouldn't that be the FIRST thing you implement?

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

This little gadget here has a power button:

[​IMG]

8. king cranium maximus IV

yep. and it's easy as shiate to use.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yup. I'm gonna go download some reel-to-reel tape off LimeWire right now. ;)

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Wow. All you gotta do with mine is push and hold the button til it turns off. Didn't think it was that hard.

11. I had the screen go out in my iPod and I bought a new one from these guys. http://www.rapidrepair.com/index.html
    I fixed it myself with their tools, but they will do the labor part for free on repairs and they have a service where they do free diagnostic testing and they can do some things with iPods that have gotten wet. It's worth looking into.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Push the play button until it turns off. It's that simple. It's not like Georgia losing to Tennessee. It's easy!

Draft saved Draft deleted