1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apple TV questions...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Jul 17, 2007.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Can someone just give me a basic rundown of what this is? Is it just glorified TiVo? Does it only work with stuff you buy off iTunes? Any reviews/experiences? Thanks.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Anything you download off the net, you can watch on your TV...

You can access Youtube on your TV. You can play music on your TV...

I have it... It's amazing...

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Is the resolution any good? Most of the stuff I've seen on YouTube is of such a bad picture quality that it seems to me watching it on a big screen would be torture...

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I started a thread about this about six months ago and it died quickly.

I dumped my cable a while back and have little interest in getting it again, but the Apple TV does appeal to me.

5. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

You can get a refurbed one on apple.com for $29. They come with the standard one-year apple warranty and you can buy the applecare package on top of that also.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

Slingbox, which seems like Apple TV in reverse, is mueno better.
    Heck, I'm sitting on my deck now, watching baseball on my laptop.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Slingboxes are fantastic for anyone who travels... I use mine all the time...

Apple TV is fantastic for anyone who wants to download movies or anything off the net and then watch it somewhere other than a video iPod or your computer. It connects wirelessly to your network and works just about as well as you can imagine as long as you have iTunes open the whole time...

Draft saved Draft deleted