1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apple slices for everyone! (At McDonald's, that is)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 27, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The pack the fries come in has been shrunk.

EDIT: This one's a little bit better.

[​IMG]

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My kids won't have McDonald's until they're teenagers and I can't control every meal they eat.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That worked out pretty well for Todd Marinovich.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I was raised this way pretty much...only because I was a WIC kid and we NEVER ate out.
    I remember one of my friends (who was 19 at the time) had a kid who was about 1 or 2 at the time and she went to McDonalds and was feeding him fries and bits of burger. I went to the grocery store across the street, got him a ham sandwich and a fruit snak pak. She got the hint and was a bit more conscious about what he ate (at least around me) after that. There is pretty much ALWAYS an alternative that is near the same price

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Actually Kentucky Grilled Chicken kicks ass more so than Original Recipe kicked ass.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

My parents tried this, and as a result, I friggin' love pretty much any fast food. Arby's, McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's... Doesn't matter what it is, I pretty much devour it because my body subconsciously thinks it is a delicacy.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

My 4-year-old son and I hit McD's usually once every couple of weeks. We *always* get the apples. He ends up eating about half, I eat about half.

Everything is OK in moderation. If you're an idiot and eat McD's every day, then you get what's coming to you. (an FYI for those of you who think I'm ruining him, he eats a helluva lot more veggies than I usually do).

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Loosely translated: Just remember, if you choose fries for your kid, bad parent. Baaaaaad parent. ;)

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"I'm washing lettuce. But soon, I'll be on fries. And after that, I'll work the grill. And then, I'll get to be on apple slices. And that's where the big bucks come in."

12. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I just love how McD's is saying that this is a healthier choice.

It's McDonald's. Everything it serves is bad for you. You gain weight by just walking through the door. (Believe me, I know - I used to eat a lot of fast food and it shows.)

Draft saved Draft deleted